The second of the three larger quilts in the 'Wild' Flowers! series. I expanded the designs of my whimsical flowers with unusual shapes and layers. I added pieced prairie points and vines with dimensional flowers.
This quilt went missing after the IQA Houston show in 2011.
I still hold out hope that one day it may suddenly be seen or found by a very caring person and returned to its rightful home.
If you see this quilt in any location, anywhere, please do contact me.
This quilt was designed to be cheerful, colorful, and festive - it's a party! I did extensive beading and like the effect and glitz it adds to this piece. The flowers, stems and leaves are appliqued in such a way to remain very dimensional in order to create a layered look. I hand stitched the rim of the pitcher and used long stitches rather than quilting on the top portion to keep it from laying flat on the quilt. The gold 'coils' spiraling outward are bobbin-quilted with Razzle Dazzle thread.
This banner shaped quilt is the third of the 3 larger pieces in my ‘Wild’ Flowers! series. It has my signature 'open-centered' flowers, and pieced prairie points. It was designed to emphasize texture, layering, color and movement.
Embellished with metallic thread, beads, Swarovski crystals and various sizes of pieced prairie points. Construction methods include machine piecing, machine and hand appliqué, paper piecing, and domestic machine quilting.